Prices

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by DK lawn care, Jun 3, 2008.

1. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

What would you guys charge price wise for this job? The customer wants the top soil to be spreaded 5 inchs thick and she also wants 3 hydrangeas and 3 hostas installed. I will also be spreading double shredded brown mulch on the bed when i am done.

By the way, she will be providing the hostas and hydgrangeas

Here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

How much topsoil? If you need 2-3 yards I would charge about 400.00 if you are within 10 miles of your shop.

3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

what is the material cost? labor sounds like about$300-400 plus materials and markup.

4. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

a yard of top should only cost 30 at the most.

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Matt I think you been to bring that edge out around the trees :D

I would use a soil mix, not stright Top Soil.

What to Charge?

Top Soil + Mark up
    Labor to plant plants, and put soil in ( $45.00 Per Man Hour ish I think thats the going rate over there)

Mulch $75 Yrd to install mulch

+ Ohio Sales Tax

6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Charge between 60 - 90 for parts and labor per cubic yard of soil if it has easy access.

I would charge $10-15 bucks to plant each plant if they are waiting for you there at the jobsite. ProbABLY need one or two yards of mulch, figure in another 60 per yard on that. Maybe 200-250 cleanup and prep as well.

7. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the helpful responses guys. Keep them coming and ill keep everybody posted on how it turns out.

Ron, ill talk to the lady about edging futher out. So far this is how she wants the bed shaped. But she is open to other suggestions.