1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nhasenfus69, Nov 27, 2002.

1. nhasenfus69

nhasenfus69 LawnSite Member
    from mass

hi I am 16 years old and i work with a landscaper part time and have done clean-ups before. I am going to purchase a Redmax EB7001 very soon. I was wondering what to look for when i go to charge customers...how do i know how much? Also in the spring i am going to purchase a mower if anyone has suggestions I would appreciate it alot. Thanks,
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi I am 15 and just bought my first mower it is a 48" snapper walkbehind i would suggest getting at least that big because it goes much faster than when I was 10yrs old using a 21" I also suggest buying a hydro I tried the belt drive before and I do not much like them because they slip in the wet. If you have a lot of gated lawns and dont have that many lawns I would highly suggest buying a 36" because I have to use a 21" to get in gated areas. Also try to shop naround for a used one from a reputable company such as the the one you are working for. Good luck - chris:blob3: