Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sglawn, Mar 15, 2004.

1. sglawn

sglawn LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    I run a lawn maintenance company here in tennessee. I think my prices are pretty fair. I was just wondering how other prices are around me. if you guys can come up with some way of describing how your prices are, it would be interesting to know. I recently priced a condo complex that had around 90,000 sq. ft. And lots of edging and weed eating. I priced it around $800.00 per week. I thought was very fair for the whole unit. What is your guyz opinion. I am interested. Please comment and be truthful i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Zach
  2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Compared to the large properties we do here, I think you are about $450 too high. Let us know if you get the job.
  3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

for about 2 acres you charge 800 dollars? what would you charge for a 1 acre(about 40K sqf) private home?
  4. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

Seems high to me. Maybe $90 to $120 would seem more in line I think maybe $200 worst case. But I am not sure of the difficulity involved. What size is your equipment.
  5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys are saying that is high, but he really didn't get into specifics....maybe there is 2 hours of trimming and 2 hours of edging along sidewalks, not to mention 2 hours of push mowing enclosed areas along with regualr open mowing. Then his price may be right.
  6. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

Based on the info he gave I would say its high.

If he wants us to be exact he should give more details....

A lot of edging and weed eating wouldnt justify 800 for 90 sqf for me
  7. Danimal

Danimal LawnSite Member

You could price it about 10 per door not counting multiple floors.
  8. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

2 acres isn't saying anything. It would take me 15 minutes in open field or several hours if it was 2 acres of small parking lot islands. If you are talking open acreage, about 60.00 job for me. All day? Well, then you may be about right at 800.

9. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

He did say be truthful and I am from TN. from what was said my price is about right. I would weed eat the hole property for $800.00.
  10. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Well...that explains everything.