Prices

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

are my prices too low or too high?

• (1/4 Acre) A down payment of $290 (this gets applied to the 11th, 12th month payments) then 10 monthly payments of $145.00 for a total of $1740 is to be paid to FLL for the above services. Payment is due on the first month after the start of service.
    • (1/2 Acre) A down payment of $370 (this gets applied to the 11th, 12th month payments) then 10 monthly payments of $185.00 for a total of $2220 is to be paid to FLL for the above services. Payment is due on the first month after the start of service

• (3/4 Acre) A down payment of $450 (this gets applied to the 11th, 12th month payments) then 10 monthly payments of $225.00 for a total of $2700 is to be paid to FLL for the above services. Payment is due on the first month after the start of service.
    • (1 Acre) A down payment of $530 (this gets applied to the 11th, 12th month payments) then 10 monthly payments of $265.00 for a total of $3180 is to be paid to FLL for the above services. Payment is due on the first month after the start of service​

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'd need to see what services are included, and how many times a year you'll be performing them to give you an answer.

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Unless you are bonded ... how are you gonna handle the "down payment" if you go out of business before the end of contract .... ie you get hurt or something along this line of unfortune event's

Don't get me wrong but look at it .... as if you had the 1 acre lot ... Your to give me $530 UP FRONT ...... n I haven't even cut Your grass .... further more an extra $265 is due soon ???

Also $40 per cut on 1/4 acre ??? is this for just mow n go .... all the power to you

Fore me that's like a 20-25 minute job or bout 35-36 hours per year ....at $1750 that's $47 per hour .... I wish I made that cause at last years hours for yearly labor of bout 8300 that's like $390K Just for grass .... no triming, mulch, landscape etc

Again don't take it wrong ... I'm just saying that your prices should be a reflection of your cost ....desired profit .....n local market price .... unless you are doing Condo's on the beach or HUGE Gated Communities the local Resi homes ..... fore the most part cause there is always the Customer whom will pay for Disney Look ..... just won't support that price .... down in FL

So get the numbers together which are your out of pocket expenses .... give your self or others a "fair" hourly rate .... add a profit fore the books n this is your hourly rate ... when you get a bid .... extimate the time it will take with the present equip you have n this is your "price per cut" multiple this by the number of cuts yearly in your area ....which fore us on the Space Coast is 42 ....get your yearly rate .... than your monthly ...get em on a contract which states of added cost if they cancel early n go

I'd luv to hear if you have success in getting a depoist thou ... Good Luck in 2005

4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I too wish you luck on getting that kind of deposit. For me the prices last year were:
    minimum--$30/wk x 34 weeks= $720
    1/4 acre--$35/wk x 34 weeks= $1190
    1/2 acre--$45/wk x 34 weeks= $1530
    3/4 acre--$50/wk x 34 weeks= $1700
    1 acre----$60/wk x 34 weeks= $2040

I think you better do a little more homework and find out what the market in your area will bear. From what I've read on this and other forums over the last year you're way off base.