Pricing 2,4-D

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by CaseInPoint, Apr 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. CaseInPoint

CaseInPoint LawnSite Member

I'm just a home owner and I would like to purchase some 2,4-D to apply to my lawn (just about an acre). I would like to buy enough to last me a couple of years and I don't plan on applying it more than a couple times a year.

I know 2,4-D is usually pretty cheap, but I would like to buy 2 to 5 gallons at the 45%+ and I would like to know the best place to buy it and if there is a brand you can recommend.

I appreciate your help on this and these forums are amazingly informative.

TIA!

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Cheap is not a good idea for weed control---buy on the basis of effectiveness. I suggest Weed B Gone Max. It has 2,4-D and two additional ingredients--it will do a better job.

3. dwmason

dwmason LawnSite Member

I am with Riggle on this one - you can get a good 3way for about $75 per 2.5 gallon jug. Something like Trimec 992 or Strike 3

4. CaseInPoint

5. CaseInPoint

Sorry site Admins! I didn't see that there was a separate forum for assistance for home owners. My bad!

6. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys have a Co-op or a JD/Lesco over there?

7. CaseInPoint

We have a CO-OP here. I went by there today just to see what they have. I've got all of my details on this thread here.

Thanks!

8. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Straight 2,4-D is a liscensed-applicator only item. (at least in CT)
    Also, I believe it loses its effectiveness the longer it is stored.