1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pricing a 24' enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by carcrz, Sep 11, 2007.

1. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

What do these go for these days? dual 3500 lb axles. drop gate. Side door. New or used.
  2. me1223

me1223 LawnSite Member

3. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

It really depends on what brand trailer. I am in talks with one of my customers who is a well know rapper to buy a enclosed trailer and have it wrapped with his Album cover, Due Date, etc....I think this is a pretty neat idea that I threw his way that he liked. Could turn out to be a win win situation. He gets exposure for his up and coming artist, as well as Album Release dates. I have always said once I bought enclosed, I would sell advertising space on my trailer. Bascially a sponsorship for my trailer.....But I have seen prices from 5500 to 8000.....Just depends on who built the trailer....
  4. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Except Miska builds some of the most herendious trailers I've ever seen, everthing is garbage on those things (landscape trailers) maby thier enclosed are a bit better but buddy has one and says never again! I've seen prices as high as 14K for a nice car hauler with the tool box + bench up front, smooth siding, generator door.....
  5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I found a 24' (I think an 01) for $4500. New bearings on one of the axles. Newer tires all around. It's a neighbor that used it to go to the Sand Dunes in OK. They bought a dune buggy & had to get a 32'er
  6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would get boggie wheels on the back if you buy one new. they are the best option i got on mine. the next best thing i got was 3/4'' plywood walls so i can hang racks anywere