1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing a pruning job?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by angnak, Jan 31, 2006.

1. angnak

angnak LawnSite Member
    from NC

How do you guys go about pricing out a pruning job? I only have a couple crape myrtles and a couple holly bushes to trim up and was wondering what you guys would charge.

2. McClain

McClain LawnSite Member

I charge .60 cents per ft that includes clean up.

on trees depends on how much they want taken off. If it is just so you can mow a little easier then ill do it for about 25.00 a tree. if it is a (trim) JOB I start at $125.00 plus dump fee......The higher the limb the higher the price if they don't like it let them call tree service if they think your high.

Now this is commercial not residential.

Hope this helps
  3. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

I would try to figure out the cost to run your bizz for one hour.apply what you want to make as profit for that hour.and apply that to your est or job offer.remember pruning and trimming now matter how safe you are.there is big hazard,i have seen more injury done .compared to grass mowing.make the risk worth your while.I tend to do most of my trimming in the fall and very early spring. do to bee's,and me don't get a long!