1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing a system...lets compare!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Duramaxsle1, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Duramaxsle1

Duramaxsle1 LawnSite Member

I read a guy's question in another section about the cost of a system with four heads and one valve, so I thought I would cause some reaction. lol

In the area I am in for res. the going rate for a 6 zone system with 4 rotors to a zone and 6 sprays to a zone comes in around 2,400.00 plus indoor plumbing costs which average around 250.00.

Rotors are priced at 110.00 per head and sprays at 85.00 per head installed.

I believe closer to the city and in the city they are getting about a 500.00 to a 1000.00 more per system.

I can walk on a property here and with five minutes or as long as it takes me to walk around the property without a pencil and paper get the price within 200.00 dollars of any company's.

It's not brain surgery!!!

There is always exception to the rule!! How does your area compare?
  2. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Dirt job or already landscaped? Clear passing or fences/walks to deal with?

Simple dirt job as per your specs... about $2900 if its for one of my regular landscapers, add 10-50 % more for a homeowner, depending directly on my gut feel of the homeowner