Pricing a townhome community

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brentcovington, Jan 19, 2013.

1. brentcovington

brentcovington LawnSite Member

I so the same exact thing as you unless customer recommends something else. He is talking about driveway edging. I told him that it would look horrible doing it twice a year, but if that's what he wants I will do it and its written in contract.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

hahaha...mine too

3. jbell36

from KANSAS

i don't like the mowing 2x/month deal to begin with...is it a nice property or kind of sh*tty?...regardless, i would imagine we would be around the $425 mark, strictly for mowing...obviously, like everyone else has said, it's very tough to bid something we haven't even seen...that's basing it off 4 acres, 32 units...NOT the 8 hours/ 3 guys...it should be more around the 4 hours mark

4. brentcovington

It has definitely went to the crapper over time. I was guessing around 4 hours of labor. I was speechless when he said 8 hrs. I told the guy that I will not do half a ** work. Is that 425 a month or a cut?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. jbell36

from KANSAS

per cut...and that's just the number i came up with real quick with only a few numbers, which would include edging every mow...prob on the high side...unfortunately, mowing prices haven't increased much if any for 15-20 years...big companies have driven the commercial properties down, i'm hoping it's just the recession we are currently in

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  6. brentcovington

Thanks man! I know what you mean. They were killing the little guys around here. Luckily for us, people are more trusting of the little guys around here now since big guys aren't paying attention to detail.