pricing arbavitae trim

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by jsf343, Jan 31, 2007.

1. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am curious what some of the different ways of pricing arborvitae trimming are. Anyone price by the foot? The last one we did was about 100 feet long and 7 feet high. She only wanted them shaped basically. we charged her $425.00. (I feel like we charged a fair price for her and us) She said the last company charged around $500.00 but they took off more, and it took them a bit longer.Anyone charge differently then by the hour? The reason I ask is we have another potential customer with about 250 feet, 8 feet tall.

2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do $60 per hour plus a disposal fee of $25, $50, $75, $100 or more depending on how big the job is. For smaller shrubs, I also change for each shrub...like $5 for small basketball sized ones, $7 for medium tire sized ones, $10 for large Reclining chair sized, $15-$100 for any that require ladder work. For a hedge like you have I would just go hourly.

3. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

For something like that we charge by the hour. I try to give the customer a general estimate of what it might cost (eg 6-9 man hours for trimming and clean up)