Pricing by the square foot (1000)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kbrashears, Mar 20, 2006.

1. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys do your pricing by the square foot? If so, what do you generally charge for apps? We do liquid and granular and I'm just trying to get a feel for your markets.

2. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

I have asked that same question before, and people generally don't respond. I am not sure why.
    For me, I am liscenced, and therfore I have to make back the cost of getting liscenced.
    I am charging $45 for a weed app. This is not a large property. Just the average in our city. It is about the going rate.

3. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

It just depends on your program my average yard is 60.00

4. Moonlight

Moonlight LawnSite Member

My prices are anywhere from $4/k to 5/k. Just depends if I can ride them or I have to walk. It becomes more of a time thing sometimes instead of an acreage (footage) thing. I have several 10 acre properties that I get 5/k, and I also have some 10 acre properties that I get 4/k. 3/4 of my properties are on full programs, general pest quarterlies and lawn treatments 4x per year. My only advantage compared to t/g is QUALITY and HONESTY.

5. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, we're anywhere from 4 to 5.50/k, on a 7 app program, but will drop the price on anything over 25k by about 1/k.

Anyone doing a Roundup/Pre-emerg on dormant grasses in the dead of winter in temperate and above climates?

6. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

Im still doing a little R/up on bermuda where needed.

7. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Bermuda is Greening up be careful

8. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

You need to look at your costs and the going rate in your area. That being said, I'm charging $4/k with a $35 minimum. Although I just signed up a new customer that has about 2k that I'm charging $25. My rate for large properties (over 80 k or so) is $130/acre.