Pricing Chart for Aeration, fertilizer, and lime.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johnnyjay, Oct 9, 2000.

1. johnnyjay

johnnyjay LawnSite Member

I have created an Excel Spreadsheet for pricing and costs for Aeration, overseeding, fertilizer, and lime. All work will be performed by myself. No helpers.

I would like some feedback on what you think about these prices and what you would charge if you were doing the job. I will be renting the aerator for $55 plus tax for 24 hours or full day. I am charging each customer $30 for ½ day rental of machine. If I work more than two yards in the day, I will gain the extra $30 for my efforts from each additional customer. I am using $45 for areator labor up to 4000 sq. ft. minimum. I am using $10 per 1000 sf for the next 6000 sf up to 10,000 sf; after that $5.00 for each additional 1000 sf.

I am using Lesco Transitional Blend Seed @ 5lbs per 1,000 sf; Lesco Starter Fertilizer (18-24-12) @ 5 lbs per 1,000 sf, and Lesco Lime @ 50 lbs per 1,000 sf. My costs are listed separately in the spreadsheet. Also, I am using $6.00 per 1,000 sf for labor on sowing seeds and spreading fertilizer and lime. The last column in spread sheet is the Total package charge per 1,000 sf.

Email me to request a copy of the Excel chart.
    jonesjjjr@mindspring.com

Thanks in advance for your comments good or bad.

JohnnyJay
    South Metro Atlanta, GA.

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Johnnyjay, thanks for the offer but I charge a flat rate, $24.00 per 1000 sf with a $120.00 min for the above mentioned service (except for lime). I do soil testing at $25 per test to get specific rates needed for Lime. I simply calculate 24xsf=charge (e.g.. $24 x 8500sf or 8.5 =$204.00), works well for me.

Also, the Lime Lesco sells is high Calcium Lime at $4.00 per bag, most lawns do not need this lime unless a soil test indicates so. You may do yourself a big favor buying lime form Lowe's or Home Depot of $1.67 a bag.

Of course you could also do soil test a $25 each and make more profit and have the exact nutrient requirements of each lawn. ;)

Ray

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have (not suppose to)a price chart from a very large lawn care co. Sorry I don't want to mention their name, someone might get in trouble. Here are some examples for a 5000 sqft. lawn: fertilizer treatments, $41.95. Aeration,$125. Aeration and seed,$225. Power seeding,$400. This chart starts at 2000sqft and goes up to 26000sqtf.

4. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Bob, How about some figures for a 10K, 15K, and 20K lawn? Do they list any other services? What part of the country?

[Edited by jaclawn on 10-10-2000 at 10:08 AM]

5. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Here on the New Hampshire seacoast, a 6000 sq ft straight fert goes for $52-$65, weed and feed winterizer: $77, and aerations are $195 for 6000 sq ft lawn. I got these numbers from the doorhanger instructions from the big C firm as well as from the customers themselves. The turnover rate from the big C is extremely high here due to great dissatisfaction and poor quality results. But unfortunately there are only a few smaller licensed applicators around who are too busy already to take on displeased customers. We charge $150 for a 6000sq ft lawn aeration using a tow behind aerator and $65 an application for organic fert treatment which is being very well received around this area.

Mike

6. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

While your costs of doing business are higher, I envy you guys in the large market areas being able to charge these prices. We are in Rural NorthWest Tn. An ACRE of aeration is $125.00 we use a tractor mounted areator. And worse yet, most people don't even know the purpose of doing it, I spend most of my time on a sales call educating the customers. We charge .05 per sq. ft. for seeding and people just about choke. Lime applications are 45.00 min for labor and work up from that plus the lime cost with mark up added. Lawn spraying services are from 4.00 to 6.00 per thousand with a 45.00 min. A couple hundred miles makes a big difference!
    Greg Pierce, CTP

7. bob

from DE

Jaclawn, I live in Delaware. Email me your name and address and I'll send you a copy. Be sure to write "lawnsite" in the subject of the email. I don't open email that I don't reconize. Bob

8. D.Holley

D.Holley LawnSite Member

Hey Bob, Just wandering if I could get a copy for myself. I live in LA ( lower Alabama )? I would appreciate it if I could.

9. bob

from DE

Email me your info, and I'll send you one.

10. Bob,
    If you could please.
    You'll see what I went throught a couple of months ago.

get the e mail at my website. send direct from there. Thanks.