Pricing Drainage install

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Acme Bunny, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Acme Bunny

Acme Bunny LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I am wondering if I am pricing this install right. Not a lot of experience on the pricing end of this game.

150 feet of line main drain line with drain sock
    3 Speed D drain boxes
    2 gutters to connect into main line (15 foot run to main line)
    rock dispersment feild at end of line

Main line may cross some minor utilities ( cable tv. etc), clay soil,
    Line path is 90% in rear unsodded yard (builders special)

I have figured $ 400 for labor (including picking up suppies), $400 labor @ $50 (a full day used up for 1 man)
    $125 for trencher rental,
    $319 for material

Total package $844

Thanks for you input

Drew

2. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

You should be able to get it done in 8 hours. If your using 4" tile you will probably have to widen the trench by hand as most trenchers of that size (based on your rental price) will not cut a wide enough trench. Make sure you have utilities marked and hand dig around them or it could quickly turn into a non profit job.

3. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

While I can't comment on the price without seeing the site, why are you using sock pipe as the main drain line?

Sock pipe around here is a perforated pipe with a silt barrier "sock" around it. I can't understand why you would use this as a main line. You need to use unperforated pipe for this purpose, unless I misunderstand your "rock dispersment feild at end of line" statement.

How much roof area are the two downspouts draining? I don't like to connect any more than 2 downspouts into a 4" line, and if they are draining a significant amount of the roof, depending on size of the roof, I will not hesitate to up the main line to 6".

And not to critique your whole install, but what are you using the Speed D drain boxes for? Are you hooking those into the same main line as the downspouts? If so, will they be uphill or downhill from the downspout connection?

Of course, it may be too late now, you very well could have installed this job...

Dan

4. juststarting023

juststarting023 LawnSite Member

I agree D Felix with everything you said, plus the price is a little low for my area