1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing Duplexes/Apartment Buildings

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SLC LLC, Jan 23, 2006.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have never done so before, but am wondering on how people price duplexes/apartment buildings. Even if the lawn is not all too big, but there are say ten units within the building - do you price higher because there are more tenants paying ofr it, or do you still price by the size of the lawn? I have heard some different opinions on this, but wanted to get the experts opinions. Thanks for the help.
  2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Price by the size of the lawn and how long it will take you. Also, price on the quality of service they want. If it is a mow,blow and go you would price lower then if it is a full service package. Make sure you know your expenses before you do something like this, it will eat you alive if you dont!
  3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

From my experience too many contractors price this area of work way to cheap. try about 40-45 per man hour and you might land them.