1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing for 2005

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vap1230, Nov 27, 2004.

1. vap1230

vap1230 LawnSite Member

I just got back in the landscaping business after a 10 year layoff. I'm not sure how things are priced now. Can anybody help me out? My business is in New Jersey. I need to give a possible customer an estimate for 2005. The lawn is about 7,000 square feet. I work alone.
    How much should I charge to cut the lawn each week? Trimming and edging will be included and I have to take the grass away. I'm figuring I will charge $32 per week.
    For the Fall Cleanup, How much should I charge? It should take about 6 hours to cleanup working by myself.
    During October and November, I will be going to this customer each week to pick up the leaves until I do the fall cleanup. How much on top of the weekly lawn cut price would you charge?
    And finally for the Spring Cleanup, how much should I charge? It should take about 3 hours.
    Thanks for your help.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

welcome to the site. Did you own a landscaping busines 10 years ago, or work for another?
  3. vap1230

vap1230 LawnSite Member

Thanks. I owned a landscaping business for 17 years and then 10 years ago sold it and went into the corporate world. Now I am starting up the landscaping business again.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

if you don't mind me asking, why the change back then, and why the change now?
  5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Bummer you can't mulch it. Hauling the clippings adds alot of expense to you. Most landfills won't even take clippings anymore. Better check to see if yours still does after being gone that long. Legislation can sneak in with each year.
  6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

From what I gather, unlike just about everything else, prices haven't changed a whole lot in the last 10 years in the lawn biz.