Pricing for 22 lawns in a row

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnscapeMN, Apr 3, 2006.

1. LawnscapeMN

LawnscapeMN LawnSite Member

Hey guys/gals
    I just recieved the ok to bid on a property near me and wanted to see what type of price reduction to give for the lawns all being in a row. There are 22 townhomes in a row and it would be nice to get this contract. If they are each a regular $35 smaller lawn what type of reduction should I take out for the fact that they are all together like that. I am also doing a plowing contract too, but thats easy stuff for me. Thanks for all the help once again.:dancing:
  2. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Are you billing them as one property or are you billing them seperately? Are they asking for a discount? If you're billing them seperately then what I do is figure how much it would cost me if these properties were on the other side of my territory to move from property to property and deduct half of that. Say it costs you $12.00 just to pull up to a property. I'd deduct $6.00 from each property.
    If they aren't expecting a discount, why give them one??
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Even if I were to consider them they'd all have to be on the same contract and be able to be serviced at the same time to get a discount. I would have to think long and hard before I would even take that job because that a whole lot of eggs in one basket. I've had situations before where I've had multiple customers sign up at the same time and location (next door neighbors) but fortunately I priced them individually. You never know when one's going to move away or decide that they don't like the day you cut or whatever.
  4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bid them as if you were bidding townhomes $32-40.00 a door.
  5. elamey

elamey LawnSite Member

How much time to do them all? I might go by that....
    Watch out on big can still loose money on $100,000 contract as easily as doing a 50 dollar lawn for 25. If they want to lowball you, be kind, offer your services in the future. They may be back after they are fed up with the lowballer.
  6. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Thats a lot of windshield time you would be saving there.Loading and unloading eats up time too.If I had time in my schedule Id be looking to grab that just because of the above factors.That being said profit is not a dirty word and dont sell yourself short by giving too big a discount.Good luck with your bid.
  7. LawnscapeMN

LawnscapeMN LawnSite Member

All of the lawns are on one contract for the season. I am going to go talk with the guy who contacted me about it and see if I can get a previous years pricing out of him, but he would prob lowball me haha. I will let ya'll know how it goes.thanks for the help
  8. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

None. Charge them the $35 times 22. This is you chance to make some real money and save the travel. Do not cut yourself short. PR
  9. EPIC

EPIC LawnSite Member

if they are norm $35 a cut then i would do them for $30 a cut that way if you lose 1 or 2 its not a big hit
  10. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

time to complete times hourly rate. adjust due to large or small pita factor and be done.

$25 lawn, $35 lawn stuff doesn't cut it here. It really is about your time.

6 hours per cut, $60 rate. $360 per cut.

I get 42 cuts
    $15,120 annually
    12 months
    1260 monthly

Insert your own # of hours on property, own rate and own # of cuts then you have your base price.