Pricing for 9 acre field

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by firedude26, Apr 15, 2004.

1. firedude26

firedude26 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mich

Just trying to get a price on mowing a 9 acre field, flat not to rough no obstructions. I am going to do this for a friend just trying to get a idea on what i should be charging. I am using a 54" viper.

2. greenleaf landscape

greenleaf landscape LawnSite Member

no less than $5 an acre

3. greenleaf landscape

greenleaf landscape LawnSite Member

no less than$55 an acre

4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have an oval 10 acre horse pasture that i do once or twice a year. It takes me about 6 hours or more with JD 950 W/54" Brush Hog. I do a lot of backing up and getting under bushes. If you go by the hour...that might help.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I thought greenleaf was initially pullin your chain at 5 an acre.

What does it cost to run your business? Overhead, maintenance, repairs, insurance, replacement cost ect. And on top of that you need to make a profit.
    I know its not the answer you are looking for but I cant ballpark you a number based on my costs because I'm here and my business is different than yours.
    The friend thing is gonna put a kink in what you really should be getting. Is this a one timer or for all year? Is it way overgrown or can you cut it in one pass?
    I can honestly say that friend jobs are losers so you might as well not charge him and write it off. Just let him pay you what he thinks its worth to him. I'm being honest and not trying to be a smart a$$. That puts the ball in his court and lets him decide what its worth.
    If it was not a friend then I would charge differently.
    BTW where r u a FF?

6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd be leery of taking a job for a friend. Push come to shove, you may lose both the business AND the friendship.

7. firedude26

firedude26 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mich

Yes i am a volunteer, also it is not really my friend that is paying the soccer club is paying but they are limited to their budget. I am just trying to help them out. I am going to do it for 250 per cut , should only take 4 hours or less.