Pricing for businesses?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by illini1, Feb 15, 2007.

1. illini1

illini1 LawnSite Member

I was wondering what someone would charge for a business like mcdonalds or a hardees, the whole deal wacking, blowing, edging, etc. Theres not a whole lot there to mow but was just curious on some prices. I live in central illinois

2. There may not be alot there but thay are a pita to do. People,traffic etc. Don't short change your self.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I used to take care of ( Taco Bell, Burger King, Steak N Shake, Wendy's ) back in the mid 90s. Taco bell was around $40 and so was buger king and Steak n Shake was $55 and Wendy's was $45 they don't have alot to mow but they do have lots to trim around but it didn't take very long to do. If you want to avoid traffic just mow them early in the morning before they open or start to get busy.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The following are some of the questions I would be asking myself:

Who will be writing and signing my check?
    Is it the same person who came up asking me to service the properties?
    Will this person pay every time the lots are serviced, and do so promptly?
    If so, we might have a deal.
    If not, sorry, I can't help you.

5. okeefl

okeefl LawnSite Member

Also consider the amout of trash that accumulates outside of these places (napkins, straw papers, cigarette butts, etc) and have a clear understanding in the proposal of who is responsible for cleaning this stuff up...if its you price accordingly.

6. illini1

illini1 LawnSite Member

thanks, this is to LAWNPRO... you are in ny general area, could you tell me what you charge cut and all the basics for an 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and a full acre. i am trying to figure out how to estimate, i am just starting and want to get jobs