PRICING FOR CLEAN-UPS ETC.

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by TRACY, Apr 3, 2001.

1. TRACY

TRACY LawnSite Member

I have been Mowing lawns starting my 10th year. Mainly just a few Apartment Complex's . Only because I work a full time job. To make it short, the apartments have been sold. I now have 40 signed contracts for residenial lawns and we still have snow on the ground. My question is, " What do I charge for SPRING CLEAN-UP'S " . I charge $45.00 an ACRE to mow . Get this Price all day long for cutting. Now REGARDLESS of what your clean -up involves does $35.00 per man / per hour sound OK ? I have a Dump Truck, Powerbrooms I don't have yet. But I do have just about everything else.
    Please help me guy's. Thanks Tracy

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I think that $35/man hr is reasonable for your market.

Mow-N-Go LCO
    Kris

3. dhicks

dhicks Member

He-ll, I'd work all day and 7 days a week for $35.00 per hour. I guess it would depend on the neighborhood. For example, some of my customers have 1/2 millon dollar homes while others are in the 100K areana. I guess you stands where you sits.

4. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i charge 50.00 hour but im solo

5. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Sounds good to me, but get a nice backpack blower, and possibly a truck loader if u need to haul alot of leaves away.

6. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

As long as you know the hourly cost of running your operation, that's what counts!

7. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

we do 35/hour on cleanup, but try to get more if it is me or one of the partners. we only bill for time on the job. Dave g

8. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I use my hustler shortcut and mulch everything to dust
    and don't haul any leaves unless i have too. I usually
    get about 30-40 a man hour if we got good weather.
    we take a push blower and spread all the leaves and it looks
    like we bagged it. we have lots of leaves and needles up
    here in MN.

9. Jim White

Jim White LawnSite Member

Tracy, I as well still have snow on the ground, but I think within the next few weeks I'll be able to start. I'm a one man show with ALL the tools of the trade to make life easy. for me. I estimate spring-clean-ups at $60-70 an hour depending on the situation, and nobody's complaining (maybe I should go higher) Having the right tools will help you set your rate. Look at it this way. If you had to rake a yard by hand it might take you 4 hours @ $35 would be $140. If you have ZTR with a collection system and a JRCO rake or rotary broom on the front you could probably do the same yard in less than an hour and charge $70.00(or a bit more) Both will satisfy the customer in workmanship, but the customer will be much happier paying half the amount.