Pricing for Drain Installation

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by stxkyboy, Dec 14, 2003.

1. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

Hey I have to give an estimate to install a drain and I was just wondering what you guys would price it at. Here is a break down.....

100 feet of 6" PVC trenched
    100 ft 4" perferated same trench
    15 ft 12" pvc

These pipes would have to be tied into an existing drain using a concrete saw at one end and a new 2x2 box drain at the other.

I was probably going to go a head and rent a mini excavator....so what do you guys think for labor???????

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I have only done a few drains but I charged $5 ft. for the black perforeted. If your using sch.40 It would be $5 plus pipeX2
    If your tying in at the rd. and thats where your cutting into an existing box gonna have to be inspected and that means a permit so don't foget to add that on, partnersaw &blade. Whole job $18-2,300 but that would be a guesstimate

3. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

For ads type perforated pipe, I estimate about 10$ per foot installed-material/labor included. I used to estimate at $6 yet have increased.
    The cutting with a saw, plus the finish work to repair concrete, is charged seperately - per day at $500 (labor) plus equipment.