pricing for flightcontrol plus

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gandk06, Feb 27, 2008.

1. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I currently maintain the common areas in a HOA that has a large goose problem. They would like me to apply a goose repellent on about 3 acres of the property. It seems that flightcontrol is the best product out there for the job. I swear that when I was on their site about a month ago it said that the product is about $125 gallon which treats about 1 acre. Today I called 2 distributors in my area and was quoted $300/gallon at Lesco and $248/gallon from a smaller local company. Am I wrong in the original price I saw on the website or are these places marking up the product that much? For anyone that has used the product in the past, do you remember what you paid for it?

thanks,
    grant

2. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

I believe last year we bought it for $300 gallon. I believe we charged about that an acre also.

3. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Price is gone up. They sold the formulation and the new company is jacking the price up. That being said. Label is for 1/2-1 gallon per acre of product depending on pressure.

Assuming the worst as I always do I apply at the higher rate.

I dont get less than 600-700 per acre, its a specialty application that is expensive and I charge for it.

4. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

Were you and your clients happy with the results?

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

LOL! I think you can get an alligator for about the same price.

6. turf hokie

Mix it with some transfilm to get better coverage. We saw results within 48 hours. The stuff does a good job.

Just keep in mind that you should sell a program, one application wont be enough.

We are expensvive for the flight control. Try to get what you can for it. We have border collie services locally and we are cheaper than they are so that is the market we are against.

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

spend $200 bucks on a RC 4x4 truck and pay a kid 10 buck to sit out ther to scare them away...:)

if you can plant grasses/shrubs at the edge of the pond. This helps keeps the geese away as the geese think a predator can be lurking in the taller landscaped areas.

Also if possible string wires across the pond. This will help keep the gees from landing. they prefer to land in the water...if they can't land, they move on...

8. turf hokie

Very good, longer term suggestions.

9. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, $300. per gal. Its been a few years since i purchased it. I recall paying around $220. per gallon. I applied at 1 gal per acre, great results, easy product to mix & apply.