1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing For Full-service Lawn Care

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greenacresman, Dec 19, 2005.

1. greenacresman

greenacresman LawnSite Member

Ok When Someone Want's Full-service/premium Lawn Care.how Much Do You Add Too The Basic Mow And Blow.when You Add 1.flower Beds Mulched Twice Per Year, 2.hedges Trimmed Twice Per Year ,lawn 3.fertilized Plus 4.weed Control. This Is 4 Extra Services. For This Service I Was Thinking It Would Average Around
    $15.00 Too $20.00 Per Mow. Too Add This Too The Mow & Blow Service. What Do You Guy's Think. Will I Go Belly Up At This Price.
    Thanks For The Help. Jeff ><>
    Ps This Is Saying That They Take A Yearly Service Contract.
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

It depends, I have seen some homes that have a TON of hedges, when I Bid,

I think about how long will it take. And I dont do a hedge trim and set amount of times "per year" I do a all time hedge.

I will pull up at a home and allways run my hedge trimmers over it. :If They pay for that"

This way It allways looks good and I NEVER spend much time at all doing hedges...Not many clippings either
  3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

how do you expect someone to answer if we have no clue the amount of time its going to take you to perform the work or how much material its going to take. We have commericial accounts that range from two yards of hardwood mulch to one that has over 15 yards of black dyed mulch. You are talking the difference between 125 bucks and around 1000 bucks.
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Don't forget since your are in NC you MUST be State Licensed through the Dept of AG to apply that fertilizer and weed control also.
  5. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

Count you costs. If you are having trouble with this, view some of my posts (under my profile). I have created a sheet that lists all of my costs. When I bid a job, I take a look to see what it costs me to fertilize 10,000 sqr ft (or whatever it is), what it cost me to install a yard of mulch, etc. If you have no idea what your costs are, you won't make it in this business. Don't forget to figure in expenses such as cell phone, truck insurance, trailor licensing, etc. PM me if you have more questions.
  6. greenacresman

greenacresman LawnSite Member

hey mmlawn thanks for the info where do i go to get these license an what are the cost for them.