Pricing for installing bullet edging

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Jake, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Jake

Jake LawnSite Member
    from Ia

I am new to the landscaping area. Have been doing lawn mowing and maintenance for ten years. I am wondering if you price the install per ft or by the job? If by the foot what is a good starting number? Thanks in advance...

2. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I doubt you will find many people in this forum using bullet edgers. Might as well ask.. How much do you charge to make your design look like a teenager came by and did some work for a couple bucks an hour.. Got that out of my system... Always charge per job my friend, take 2 jobs, one is up a hill and takes your guys 1/3rd more time to transport the material up the hill as opposed to a job where the ground is flat. There for you labor has increased by x amount. you would add that extra price into your bid for the job seeing as how it is costing you more money , wouldn't you? Now also take in the factor of the "odd job" hardly any landscaper will have a set price on something as rare as someone asking for bullet edgers, therefore you can charge a little extra as the homeowner probably has no idea what she/he is really asking for