1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing For Leveling Existing Brick Pavers

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by ruiztreelandscape, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ruiztreelandscape

ruiztreelandscape LawnSite Member

I have four areas (12'6" x 3'6") (6' x 3') (36'4" x 5'3") (8' x 8') that have existing brick pavers laid as walkways that have become uneven and I am trying to put together a bid to lift and level them...I also am trying to figure out the best way to do this - what materials I would need. Any suggestions also on a cost? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
  2. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

OK well first problem is that they moved. Probably cause of poor base. Re-leveling will just provide the same results. You need to rip the whole thing out and start over. Now the second problem is selling them on this. Most people figure you can just lift them through a little sand under them and call it a day. That isnt the case. Well you can, but it wont last and since you touched it last your the one they talk about. Biggest issue with these is that the amount you spend on lifting the old stuff is very close to the cost of new pavers. Best thing to do would be to get educated on proper installation techniches and then explain why the old patio failed and sell the job the right way.
  3. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I agree.

If they do not care then just level them and have it in the contract that repar work is in no way warrateed.