1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing for Mmowing 5 acres for a friends Mom!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Goodyz71, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Goodyz71

Goodyz71 LawnSite Member

I have been asked to friend (not close) to give him a price for mowing his Mothers lawn. She has 5 acres pretty much open, but about 1 acre is a reclaimed farm field that is very rough and goin is slow. The only other difficult part is the ditch along the road is very steep(and very long) and will have to be pushed mowed. They want a price for mowing and weedeating the property. It is about 15 miles each way from my home I have an exmark lazer z with a 50" deck. I went ahead and mowed it tonight and took about 3 hours mowing and another hour weedeating. They are not asking me to do it for free, but what whould you charge for someone that you know like this. Kinda of awkward at best. I guess it might help to know what a person would charge as a regular account. I am not looking to get rich, but i am not looking to not make anything either considering the investment in my equipment, upkeep, and my time. Thanks for any help you can give me! Goodyz71
  2. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

well you are in the drivers seat. You know best cause you mowed it already and it took 3 hours. So you don't have to guess on how much time it is going to take. Charge 3 times what you want to make in a hour. I've heard that a dollar a minute is good while the machine is mowing.
  3. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

is she hot?
    I base some of my pricing on a (1 to 10 hottie scale) of single moms/women.
  4. harddog00

harddog00 LawnSite Member

Carolina cuts took the words right out of my mouth....Is She Hot!! maybe you could work somethin' out