pricing for residential property

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kennyking, Aug 11, 2004.

1. kennyking

kennyking LawnSite Member

How much would charge for a property that is a total of 4500 sq ft.Or is there some type of calculation that would be helpful to me.
  2. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

I'm new at this so do not take my opinion too seriously. I would cut for $20-$25 per week if this is going to be a weekly customer. But, if only a mow once in a while. Try about $30-$35 each mowing. Estimate is based on a small amount to trim. Anyway that is my 2 cents worth.
  3. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

I could not tell a good price just from square feet figure a doller a min and don't go below 30 for a single stop
  4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

$30, no less.............
  5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I use a basic calculation for square footage (Sq Ft. X .005)

I this case 4500 sq ft works out to be $22.50. (this rate would fall below my $25.00 Minimum so I would increase the price to at least $25.00).

The calculation only gets you in the ballpark....You still need to take into consideration the amount of trimming, any hills or slopes and the difficulty factor of each job and then adjust your prices accordingly.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

4,500sqft would be a "minimum charge" lawn for most LCOs. My minimum is $31 (had to add a dollar this year for the gas). You'll find the amount of trimming and edging on a small lawn can easily equal or surpass the actual time spent mowing, so price accordingly.
  7. kennyking

kennyking LawnSite Member

Thx to everyone. I just wanted to be in the ballpark
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the pricing really depends on where you live it. Smaller city folks might not charge as much as bigger city. But then again in bigger cities you deal with high income and low income people as well. If you are just starting out sit down and figure out what your overhead will be, and how much of a profit you want to make. There are too many factors to consider when it comes to pricing out work besides the actually property