pricing for tree removal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dirtydbs, Jan 16, 2006.

1. dirtydbs

dirtydbs LawnSite Member

I am removing 8 trees 11-13 feet high. The city will be taking the debre but i will be cutting them down and placing them by the street in smaller piles. Any suggestions would sure help.

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Just one cut w/your chainsaw for each tree?8 tree's
    $200.00

3. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Are you removing stumps also?

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

make sure to consider all of the liabilities before you cut down the tree

5. dirtydbs

dirtydbs LawnSite Member

I will most likely remove the stumps

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, make sure you have plenty of room for them to drop with out damaging anything! Things can go wrong big time really quick!

7. Paul Corsetti

Paul Corsetti LawnSite Member

are you a lisc. tree trimmer or tree service, dose your ins. cover tree trimming, be cautious. many insurance comp do not cover the use of a chain saw at all. do you need a permit to cut them down. In florida any tree over 6in in diam. has to have a permit except scrub trees. If i were to do this job to remove 8 ,11foot trees and stumps it would be 500$ cut and drop and stack up at the road, and grind stumps 4inches below the dirt.

8. PxPx

PxPx LawnSite Member

Don't forget to locate any utility lines before you grind the stump! I worked for a tree trimming company for a few years, and I know he charged $75 per man, per hour (I know cause I used to bid on jobs for him as well). But, do make sure you have the insurance to cover your butt in case something goes wrong.

9. lawnjockey51

lawnjockey51 LawnSite Member

"In florida any tree over 6in in diam. has to have a permit except scrub trees"

Yeah, as I recall, they don't even care if you tell them the tree was dead ... you had to get a permit.