1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pricing for xmas lights install

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TURF BUDDY, Nov 15, 2004.

TURF BUDDY LawnSite Member

anyone have an idea what a fair price is for installing these holiday lights. (per ft or by the job). Also are you furnishing the lights, heaven forbid if I had to dig through past Christmas lights all rolled up in a disfigured mass of exposed wire and missing bulbs. bah-humbug that would be very time consuming. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

TURF BUDDY LawnSite Member

Anyone out there doing holiday lights, I would appreciate some comments on what to charge... thanks
  3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have heard of guys doing it on here....I just don't know how lucrative of a business it is in the midwest.
  4. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Drosgr, I used to work weekends for a guy in Wichita that netted about 400,000 a year and only worked 3 maybe 4 months doing only lights. He designed and made lawn pieces with rolled iron and rope lights, and the setups he used for houses were all built to fit the house. I think he charged all his customers a fee to store the lights for the year as well. I've been meaning to get in touch with him about prices and suppliers to start up in my area. I think it was called Lightworks.
  5. absolutelawnman

absolutelawnman LawnSite Member

Most companies in OK get $55-$75 for a three man crew, lights are marked up however the company wants. You can get bit if you try to quote a job, some also do it a linear foot but I have not found a good formula. We are doing at least 1 sometimes 3 houses a day now.