Pricing help/Black Diamond Edging

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Cuttingedge2003, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Cuttingedge2003

Cuttingedge2003 LawnSite Member

A customer of mine purchased 315 ft of Black Diamond Edging and I have installed approx 120 feet so far, I still have 195 to do but am having a hard time pricing it out. He supplied the materials I am just doing the labor. It took me and another guy 6 hours for 120 feet and 3 of us are going to finish on Friday. Shoudl I charge hourly or by the foot, remeber he purchased the materials alreday. Any help would be great.

2. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Not to be critical but you have already started the job and didn't quote them a price? This could lead to a dispute when the job is done.

3. Newbie07

Newbie07 LawnSite Member

yeah that would be a problem and has caused problems for me in the past. What exactly is the black diamond eding. I am about to put down the green metal edging for a customer and wanted to get your opinion on the difficulty/price

4. Cuttingedge2003

You need to dig a trnch approx 3-5 inches to install thsi stuff and if there is sod in the way it needs to be removed. Not a fun Job at all. I spoke to a few different places and the going rate for labor only is from 1.80 to 2.75 per foot. I am going to go with the latter and charge 2.00 per foot. Good luck with yours.

5. Cuttingedge2003

You need to dig a trench approx 3-5 inches to install thsi stuff and if there is sod in the way it needs to be removed. Not a fun Job at all. I spoke to a few different places and the going rate for labor only is from 1.80 to 2.75 per foot. I am going to go with the latter and charge 2.00 per foot. Good luck with yours.

6. Newbie07

Newbie07 LawnSite Member

yeah we are going to do it tomorrow i think but the woman has not called back. We have done the cheap plastic stuff and it was about the same way but had a lot of memory. Thanks for the post