Pricing help?!?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JudoTurf, Jun 10, 2013.

1. JudoTurf

JudoTurf LawnSite Member

Okay, so I just had someone call me and come out to there house they want a bid for the work I am going to do. Its an acre yard about knee height to begin with. I know it will be cheaper after I get it cut the first time.

What would you guys charge for 1 acre cut. Edge and weed eat? What would be the first charge to get it down to normal grass height? then what would it be every two weeks? Thanks.

Doug

2. RakenShovel

RakenShovel LawnSite Member

what are you going to be mowing it with?

3. JudoTurf

JudoTurf LawnSite Member

42 inch Riding lawn mower.

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

two hundred bucks, pictures would be nice.

5. JudoTurf

JudoTurf LawnSite Member

I will try to get some next couple days. Its been raining hard here last couple days.

6. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

$180 for the first cut, $60 weekly.

7. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I'd be every bit of $50.00, maybe a couple more. $55 or so. $20 for every 2 weeks.

8. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Missouri

Orange, that's kind of high. I was thinking $20 to $25 for the first cut and $15 afterwards. You must be in a high class area.

9. DoubleClutch

DoubleClutch LawnSite Member

You two have been drinking haven't you???

10. Wayne's Lawn Service

Wayne's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Before pricing the first cut, make sure it is going to be an ongoing service. Our 34 years of experience tells us that many people will tell you that they want you to cut all season until it is cut the first time and then "change" their mind. Quote the first cut two ways. One price for ongoing service and another price if it is a one time service. Cover yourself first.

Consider not only the height of the grass but also if it is wet, thick, weeds or turf, etc. They will all play big time into the actual time to complete the job.

If you are looking for help determining time to complete or cost per hour of operation for your company, check out www.profitsareus.com and look at our bidding & contracts manual and know why you charge what you charge CD. It will help you with exactly this issue. Check out the sponsor section here for a special offer.

Good luck.