Pricing Idea

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hilltopgrounds, Oct 9, 2005.

1. hilltopgrounds

hilltopgrounds LawnSite Member

Hey guys I am thinking of how I want to price jobs and I am thinking of pricing per 1/4 acre. Like $20 per 1/4 acre to mow, trim, blow. What do you guys think of this method of pricing and also what do you think is fair for the below items
    1/4 acre mowing - ?
    1/4 acre core areation - ?
    1/4 acre dethatching - ?

Thanks again guys

2. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

36 inch commercial walk behind minimum
    35.oo minimum and go from their
    aeration 50.00 minimum and up from their
    business license and commercial liability insurance about 500 bucks give or take some. Don't know what business license is in your state probly not more than 50 bucks

3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I don't think you can set a standard price for a said area. For example: I have a 1 acre property that I can mow, trim , blow edge in 1 hour. I also have a 1/4 acre property that takes me 1 hour but I have a lot of variables on the small property. (pool, lots of concrete to edge, push mowing inside fence around pool, and lots of trimming when the ground is wet.) I get $60.00 for the acre and $100.00 for the 1/4 acre.
    I think you should estimate your time on that particular job and price accordingly or you just might be leaving some money on the table.

Every time I try to standardize pricing...I get burned. No phone bids.....its a must to walk every property.