Pricing Info - Recommendation Needed

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Scott_Abel, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Scott_Abel

Scott_Abel LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on buying a Hustler mower this weekend. I just need help nailing down the model I want. Any input would be appreciated.

I am a homeowner who will be mowing 3-4 acres. It slopes off in the back and is pretty rough terrain...rocks/roots/bumps, etc. I will do my best to avoid all these obstacles, but I know I will have to deal with them, which is why I am looking at a high quality mower. I have narrowed it down to the following (prices are per my local dealer, Beechem Equipment in Temple, TX):

FasTrak 48" 19 Kawi $4,800
    FasTrak 54" 21 Kawi $5,000
    Mini Z 42" 19 Kawi $4,800

I have quite a few trees, so I am thinking the smaller deck might be easier to maneuver and it is a fully commercial unit. The others have a larger deck. For my situation, would you rather have a Mini Z with a little smaller deck or a FasTrak with a little larger deck?

Thanks for any help, I have learned a ton from this site already! :waving:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

All of the prices you have there are great prices....
    All the units you have listed use the same hydro's, Hydro Gear ZT2800's.
    For what your explaining I would go no less than the 54" unit, it has a wider track and will work best for the slopes you are explaining.
    That said.... I would be careful on any type of slope with a zero turn mower, make sure your dealer knows how steep it is before you buy the mower, for safety reasons.
    You may even want to consider our Mini Z 19/52, heavier duty unit and larger tires for this rough area you talk about, this will help.

Pj