1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pricing jobs (other than mowing)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lakeside, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Lakeside

Lakeside LawnSite Member

when asked to weed a flower bed, prune trees, trim hedges, haul off, take out dead ______, etc. do you charge by the hour? if so, what's your rate? if not, how do you bid the job? i have been getting jobs too easy, and i have a feeling it's b/c they are shocked at the price. i have been in the 60-75 dollar/hour range with 2 workers....
  2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

If the job is large you can drop the hourly rate down if its small it goes up, its kinda like buy 10+ now its only 1.50 instead of 3.99. I've been charging $30-40-50-65 tops/hr I'm only p/t and I still make a good buck. I mean don't short yourself, get what you need, if they can't afford your good work....oh well. Labor+Dumping+Equipment=Price.

3. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

60- 75 per hour is very good if you are by yourself but if you have 2 workers then you should add in their hourly rate onto yours, otherwise you are basically paying them out of your pocket.
  4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

$60-$75hr per man... per hour. :cool:
  5. Lakeside

Lakeside LawnSite Member

thanks guys! that's the advice i was looking for...