1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing lawn for fert appl.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by j.brk32, Mar 18, 2004.

1. j.brk32

j.brk32 LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone Iam wondering how you guys get your pricing
    for a fertilizing program? Mine consists of 6 apps.
    Early spring - pre - e
    spring - fert plus liquid weed killer
    summer- fert w/5.5% iron slow release
    late summer- fert plus spot spraying for remaining weeds
    fall 1- aereate
    fall 2- fert
    I have been told people charge by the sq. ft and what would that be. Thanks and hope this makes sense? Brock
  2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We charge around $10-$11 per thousand sq.feet I think it may vary a lot from state to state.Hope this helps.

I think I may know you from around town do you have a big Dodge Ram?And go by the nickname TAZ?

Welcome to LawnSite.
  3. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Lux you have GOT to be kidding!
  4. Lux Lawn

Why is that?
  5. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

If you have 200 -300 lawns and are getting $10 per 1000 we are all fools.
    Unfortunately I know your market and most are lucky to get $3-$5 per 1000.
  6. Lux Lawn

My price starts at 29.95 for 3000 sq.feet
    after that price goes up 3.00 per 1000 so know its not $10 per 1000 all the way around my mistake I see where you are coming from now.
  7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I was gonna say, DUDE!
  8. Bluejays

Bluejays LawnSite Member
    from canada

I charge $35 for a lawn 1000 square feet. $45 for 2000 square feet, and around $50 for 3000 square feet.

Hope that helps
  9. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I know its nice to get opinions on what other companies charge for similar services, but no one can answer this question for you,

because you gotta know your costs, indirect and direct before you can come up with prices for your services then you must decide how much profit you want Or need to make, then you can come up with prices for your services.

Then when you come up with what you think you need to charge compare those numbers with others in your area and adjust so you can compete.
  10. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 LawnSite Member

I charge a specific price per bag applied of a specific product. Like basic fertilizer with preemegence. I charge $35 per bag applied. Depending on the product depends on the price applied. But like was already said you have to figure out for yourself what you are paying for the product and how long it takes you to apply and figure if you are making enough to pay for your labor and the product. Also everyone applies differently so prices may vary depending on the application type or what product they are using. I am not that big into fertilizing so I just use basic granular fertilizers and pesticides. I don't use sprayes at all, except small applications like roundup on stone walkways and such. Goodluck