Pricing Layout

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Feb 15, 2003.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

What is your minimum fee?
    How much would you charge for a 2 acre yard?

2. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

I charge $40 an acre. Some guys charge $40-75 an acre. It all depends on what your market will bare. Thats if the lawn is cut weekly and on flat ground no fences. If I cut a grave yard it would run $75 an acre. Now on commercial lawns thats tricky. Most of the time they go with the lowest bidder. I've seen guys bid at $60 an acre and some guys bid at $15 an acre. Once again it all depends on your overhead and what your market will bare.
    You are going to get guys giving you tons of different prices. Everyones overhead is different. Some guys can give better prices due to the mowers they have. If your cutting 60 open acres and you have a wide area mower with a 16' deck... your price per acre might be less. If you are using 3 60" mowers your price per acre might be higher than the other guy. Hope that helps you. Good luck Travis

3. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Like said before, everything will vary. However I will try an dhelp with what I can.

I have one 2.0 acre res. lawn that is $120, it takes a lot of care in the front and sometimes about 6,000 ft has to be double cut, however, about 1.25 acres of it has no obstacles so its as fast as the mower will go on that part after mid-May. However, I do have another that is 2.3 acres and its $105. That one dosen't take any double cutting and is pretty much top speed all over. But the two do go out at $60/hour which is what I price everything at with a 52" ZTR. So you can see again as in other posts, your bidding time with your equipment, what that is worth is obviously based on a # of variables including market. Hope this helps.

PS If you don't know your time to mow a given area and don't trust or can't find accurate data on your manufacturers site, best thing to do is to set two logs or something that you have to turn around at in an open area and time yourself at your normal mowing speed. I did this one day and it helped me nail my time on large yards with a new mower that I had no experience on almost to the minute/acre.

4. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Thanks guys for your help. I just bought a 52" Exmark Lazer Z HP and I have no idea how fast I will be able to cut the 2 acres. I figure I can get it done in an hour. How long do you think it would take for 2 acres? Only thing to mow around is a house, shed, and a few small trees.

5. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Having a minimum is good but every account is priced differently. With the addition of obsticals, the 2 acre lot can turn into a 1.5 hr job. It just depends on the time taken to do it.

6. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Originally posted by ztrguy
    I just bought a 52" Exmark Lazer Z HP and I have no idea how fast I will be able to cut the 2 acres. I figure I can get it done in an hour. How long do you think it would take for 2 acres? Only thing to mow around is a house, shed, and a few small trees.

45 to 70 min tops. trimming, blow and mow. (solo)

7. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

100 bucks

8. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Around here it would start out at 120.00 and then go up according to the terrain and number of trees and bushes you have to trim around.

9. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

I would bid in the 100 range. It all depends though like everyone has said.