pricing leaf cleanup?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stringblade, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Stringblade

Stringblade LawnSite Member
    from pgh pa

just curious to see how you charge for clean up? in the past i have always charged by the job but i under-estimated a job last year and it took twice as long as i expected how many of you charge by the hour if so how much do you charge?

2. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

You should be charging by the hour. I have found that leaf jobs are pretty tough to bid. If they want a bid quote it high,you can always reduce the final price if it doesn't take as long as you thought it would, and the customer will think they are getting a deal, and you will probably be getting more work from them.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

leaf cleanup is the toughest work to bid. tell them you want $80 an hour for a crew of two, they look at you like you're nuts. tell them you want $400 for the job, you get the same look. i find hourly to be the safest way to bid, but i get the least amount of jobs quoting this way.

4. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

$45 per hour, per guy. period. also $50-75 load/dump fee (per load), if I use my vac, and have to dispose their leaves.

If they don't like it, they can find someone else.

5. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i carge 45 bucks per hr. Im not sure how ill do it this year now that i have that nice new 11.5 hp blower. It will take me alot less time.

6. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I price by the season. 2-4 clean-ups a year depending on how lucky they are. thats basiclly what i tell them. They go for it if they trust you. Good luck bid high.

7. HOLLYWOOD6973

HOLLYWOOD6973 LawnSite Member
    from PGH PA

We charge $30.00 per man hr. Four man crew, we use backpack blowers push blowers and suck them up with the leaf loader. Then charge to cut the grass. Money falling from the sky!!!! :blob3:

8. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

We averaged $40 per man hour, and on any jobs that we made under than , we weedwhacked and called it a mowing. It is the easiest money that can be made with the right equipment-- im sure that many ppl have said this.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I charge by the hour w/ disposal, with a minimum 1 hour charge

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I charge by the hour also, disposal fee included in that hourly charge. I can do probably a dozen cleanups before I have to dump. On top of that, it's only $20 to dump. Like tiedeman, one hour minumum.