1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing leaf removals?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Feb 16, 2006.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

How do you guys price leaf removals? I know that you can make a killing from leaf removal but was just wondering how you do it.
  2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Have you tried a search about this topic? I know it's been talked about several times.
  3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

By the hour i get from 45-50 an hour doing it.you realy need to know you own equipment and how long it will take you.
  4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

For me, the primary "killing" on leaf removal is my body. It is work for hire, but much harder work than mowing for the same money. Obviously, rates will vary around the country, so for some, it may be very good money, but not in my neighborhoods.
  5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I price per hour, per job, per season, per month. It all depends on the given situation.
  6. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

I have a concrete price at $30/hr/person. A two man crew will get $60/hr and a three man crew will get $90/hr. But it all depends on the equipment you use. You can't charge that price if you're using rakes and trash bags. We have Redmax 8000 blowers and 18hp leaf vacs. The only thing we are lacking are dump trucks, but that doesn't cut into our time on the job. That cuts into our time after we leave the job. We can bite the bullet on that one for now. As long as we are efficient while working on the job site. To make any money you've got to be efficient as possible.
  7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Generally, it depends whether or not I can dump them on site. If I can, it ends up being about 75-95 perhour. If I have to haul them away, it's he hourly rate plus 75 bucks per load. Don't laugh but I use my trailer to haul the leaves. At the end of the year, I found a guy that will pick them up if I get them to the curb so now I'll be subbing that part out.