Pricing (LOL)

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Oct 29, 2007.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys. I am not going to make this one of those wonderful how do you price things. i know how to figure up my cost and what i need for profit. I was just curious to see what everyone else is charging for paver patios to see if i am with the market. All i did was take a couple of my last jobs and devided them by the number of sqft. and found that i am averaging around $25-$35 a square depending on size and situation. I also know that all markets are different, so i have to take it all with a grain of salt. Thanks in advance.

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

must be nice to be in charlotte :waving:

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Slide back under your bridge...Troll!

Chris

4. dchauling

dchauling LawnSite Member

The most I have squeezed is 300sq ft for $5000. Thats around $16. People are frugal here.

The city contract I did paid 15/sq ft.

5. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

My paver prices range from $20 to 26$ a square foot depending on what type of material and access and all that crap but i never go under $20 a square not worth my time and effort in my opinion.

6. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

geeze. I didn't mean to piss anyone off. I figured that was a typical margin. Sorry.

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i'm not pickin on you man. I'm totally happy for ya! and that price I think is right for the charlotte area, its expensive to do business there.

8. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

i don't loose too many opportunities. If you check out my website www.SCgreenscapes.com (as crappy as it is) the first pic was a 16K job. The one with the courtyard wall was 12K and the other two were in the 8K to 10K range. I guess if i start hurting for work, i may have to compete harder, but quality and your personality get you further around here than how cheap you are.

9. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't care how much personality you have, try going to FL or AZ and sell flatwork for $25/sq. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! It's all based on what your market will bear. Enough with the pricing threads already!!!!!

Chris

10. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I'm moving. I cannot get a decent price for pavers here. I am in a brick paver anomoly(spell check) area, here in southern Ocean County, NJ. Reading what you guys get for pavers makes me throw up a little in my mouth. :cry: You're right, enough with the price threads!!!!!