Pricing mulch apps

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cleancutccl, Sep 23, 2004.

1. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody have an idea how many man hours it would take for a person to apply a cubic yard of mulch to topdress a bed? Just wondering, would come in handy for estimates. Thanks.

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats hard to say how long it will take to do a yard, because of not knowing how far you wil need to wheelbarrow the mulch to the beds.
    But under normal circumstances, a yard of mulch takes about an hour to spread.

3. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

takes me around a min under ideal sercumstances.... (just thought i would rub it in a littel)

4. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

What does one of those blower trucks cost? I saw 3 in Lawn & Landscape and the cheapest was 175k, I believe, but what all can you put down? can it handle rock? Can you put lawns in? Obviously you can put a bunch of mulch down in no time :p

Chris

5. Branching Out

Branching Out LawnSite Member

I can average 2.5 yds an hour. I charge an additional minimum of $25/yd to spread. Depending on difficulty.....

But, if I have to send someone, I charge that minimum of $25/yd + their pay per hour.......Hope it helps.....

Branching out.....