pricing mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by kylefiroe90, Mar 29, 2009.

1. kylefiroe90

kylefiroe90 LawnSite Member

Alrite so i get mulch for $15 a yard right next to my house. I deliver it myself this job is about 10 miles away. How much should i charge per yard to be delivered and installed. All has to be done with a wheel barrel and pitch fork. and its kinda hilly.
  2. Columbia Care

Columbia Care LawnSite Member

I use the following for quoting mulch application:
    -price of mulch plus tax.
    -price of supplies plus tax (weed guard fabric, etc.)
    -delivery fee for mulch (usually $50)
    -Estimate number of hours to spread mulch times my hourly rate.
    -add 10% to the spreading cost for overhead.

Add it all together and that is my quote.
  3. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

$45-50 per yard bought, delivered, and installed (no weeding or fabric included)
  4. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

I do about 50-60 delivered and installed,depends on mileage. Just throwing it out there and spreading around evenly, nothing else. 15 bucks a yard? Dang, that's cheap.
  5. kylefiroe90

yep $15 a yard is the best deal around here and its rite down the road. I was figurin about $55 a yard including the material delivery and install. Wat ya think?
  6. kylefiroe90

anyone got anything??
  7. qualitylawnpro

qualitylawnpro LawnSite Senior Member

$80 to $100 yard put down i charge 100 no problems yet. i buy mine for $28 yard hardwood.
  8. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

$15 dollars is real cheap for mulch, just make sure its quality mulch your putting down and not crap you find by construction sites and other strange places. I pay $20/yard for Grade A hardwood, and charge $55/yard for install. Tinted mulches are a little more, as well as AA and AAA.
  9. kylefiroe90

ya its pretty good brown hardwood mulch. Never had a complaint before so i guess its alright. I mite try and get $60 out of this job im lookin at this week cuz its alot of walking with a wheel barrel.
  10. kylefiroe90

Alrite so i did some measurements on a job today. I estimated that at 3 inches thick this job will take 75 yards. I was goin to charge $60 per yard. Thats $4500 total. To me that seems very high. I dont know if im rite or im wrong it seems kinda ridiculous to me but i dont know.
    My figures:
    -At 3 inches it takes 9.3 yards to cover 1,000 sq ft.
    -At 4 inches thick it takes 12.3 yards to cover 1,000 sq ft.
    Are my figures right or wrong?? Please help