1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

pricing on exmark viking 52 hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eek, Jun 21, 2001.

1. eek

eek LawnSite Member

i'm a homeowner concidering buying a dealer loaner 1998 model exmark 52 hydro with a 16 horse briggs vanguard for $2500.00 with a 6 month warranty! does this seem like a fair deal or am better off buying a new belt drive for approx same money.1 can get a 36 toro t-bar/exmark deck belt& 12.5 kaw for $2200.00 including tax!
    what makes the best sense for once a week use?
    thanks in advance
    eek

2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

If the dealer will stand by the 52" hydro I would jump on it.

3. Since you are a flatlander and you can mow when it is dry I say go for a new 48" toro gear drive fixed deck with a sulky.

If some thing does break it's cheap and easy to fix. If you only used it a few hours a week that machine will outlast you and it will be in your will.

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

How many hrs are on the machine? How much area do you need to mow? Do you have a gated area? I personally prefer hydro over belt but that's my own opinion. I have a 48" viking hydro with a 18hp kohler. I didn't know they put briggs engines on them?

5. eek

eek LawnSite Member

the unit,im told has less than 500 hours on it,serial # is 1997 model,they offered the vanguard then,i have a little over 1/2 acre to mow,no gates to worry about!
    thanks
    eek