Pricing on Postcards - your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Feb 22, 2011.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Guys,

I am ordering up some postcards to be direct mailed. About 900 postcards going to two affluent mail routes near me. I have been quoted a price of about $500 which includes the postcard itself, 1 hr design time (no I did not want to take the time to do the thing myself), a mailing list, and postage.
    Seem reasonable?

If I go through with this, I would likely do a 2nd mailing 6-8 wks down the line to the same mailing list.

I will concede the estimate is with Adeas. They seem to be pretty easy to work with - anyone do direct mail postcards with Adeas and what are your thoughts on them?

DA

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Bump it up, looking for ops.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Earlier this year I had ran some numbers of running a larger campaign of 15,000. I figured it two ways. One way was I paid a person to design, another for the print and then another for the mailing services. Then I call Adeas and got a quote for them to do it all.....at it was about the same.

Now, when I compare your numbers and mine, seems like you paying quite a bit more per card/100. I think to mail 15,000 was going cost in the neighborhood of $4000 I think. But, with postcards the few you mail the more you're going to pay per piece.

4. Paver Protector

Paver Protector LawnSite Member

Are the lists you're using going to mail carrier routes(the whole route) or are you choosing the demographics that fit your business or choosing by a geographical area?

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Mail routes I chose are saturation routes (whole routes) - cheaper rate that way, and I know the neighborhoods my cards will be getting into.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Bump it on up

7. JeffNY

JeffNY LawnSite Senior Member

price is right.