Pricing on removing this tree/bush (picture)

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Petr51488, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I quoted the lady 80.00 to take down this green bush. Do you think that was a good price? The town will take it away. i would have to bundle them up. Any ideas?

Picture 1734.JPG

Picture 1735.JPG

2. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

thats a good price to just bring in a chain saw. no chipping needed

3. sanfordandsonfan

sanfordandsonfan LawnSite Member

If the town will take it away, then I guess you just made yourself eighty bucks in less than an hour or so.

4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Are you removing roots? If not, then $80 is fine. If yes then no way.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Personally I think it is too low of a price. Looks like you have power/telephone lines on the top of it...can't tell all that well from picture if they are 'in' the juniper(?). If it is a juniper they can give you a nasty rash...at least they do for us. Also, not much space to just fell the thing..you have existing trees (especially that jap maple) to contend with. IF you have to 'bundle' them for the township you are probablly going to be bundling for 30-45 minutes...of course this depends on the size of the bundles. i would figure another 30-45 minutes for just cutting the thing down and into pieces. I would charge about 65/hr for the chainsaw work and another 30/hr for the helper to bundle what I cut. Assuming an hour each I would figure about 100 bucks. Add in a fee bucks for expenses and the like since its a small job and tough to recover fuel costs over one man-hour...I would think 125-150 is more in the realm

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

about $200 less than I would charge

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I agree with the time it will take to bundle that. When Matt saw that picture, he said, "no way, charge more than that. I wouldn't even waste my time bundling all of that. And I'd tack on a $25 dump fee and dump it myself, so I didn't have to bundle" (our dump is close by). It's more work than what you think once you get into it.

8. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the replys.. I will tackle whatever roots i can get to.. Im not going to go rent out a stump grinder.. ill just attack it with an ax.. As for the japenise maple.. i can just move that.. i would say maybe 40 minutes to take it down another 20 minutes at the stump.. and maybe less than an hour on bundling it.. She was kinda shocked when i told her 100.00 but i lowered it to 80 and told her that i would leave the brush there..

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Never lower your price,your gonna work for that 80 bucks.
    Think your just gonna chop it right down with an axe huh?And your gonna cut it up with an axe too? I say it will probably take you about 3 hours,cuz you will have to watch out for her Rhodies and clean-up the huge mess your gonna make chopping it up with an axe.
    $150.00 to 175.00
    Have fun learning on this one,I would tell ya how to do it easy but I think you should do it your way 1st.

10. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

To low for me, I would be in the $200-250 range