Pricing on rows of houses

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gene $immons, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Suppose you have a minimum of $30.00 a cut for your mowing service.

How much down per house (patio home) would you go if you had a full street to do? This is a full days work for 3 men.

Mowing edging weedeat and blow only.

Basic simple in and out lots. Most lots 12 minutes.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

5 bucks I would probably drop.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, I agree with Rod. About 10-15% usually, depending on the area. You aren't paying for windshield time and load / unload time..

4. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I agree five bucks sounds about right to me. Good Luck. :waving:

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Any Multiple Park & Cuts Get Significant Discounts...12 Min. Would be $18.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

When you can have a crew stay at one location for the entire day is rare. I would discount it a lot...maybe 40%. You know what you take in each day, simply bid that amount for these!

7. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't discount. They're all getting separate bills.

If I bring 20 friends with me to restaurant, do they discount the bill?

8. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

Gene,

Will each of these lots be billed individually or as one who account? If it were say a neighborhood association hiring to take care of the houses such as an apartment complex I would not charge less than $25 per lot and or charge a base cutting charge plus man hours per cut. If it is to be billed individually, offer less of a discount if any. You still have to pay for stamps and worry about multiple collection efforts.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

No, but you're also not saving the restaurant any time, so why would they discount?

To be on the same street mowing for most of the day is going to save him a lot of time, so I can see a small discount being applied (not 40% though!).

I wouldn't do this if we were talking about 3 or 4 neighboring homes because you never know when you might lose one or two of them, but a whole street is different.

10. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

Usually when you show up to a restraunt with that many people, they charge the gratuity automatically raising the bill, whether the service was good or not.