pricing on ultravac 3 bagger

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Frank2, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Frank2

Frank2 LawnSite Member

Need to purchase an ultravac for my lazer and want to know what I should be paying from my dealer.

Dealer advised it will be $2500 installed. Does this sound right?

I also have an oppurtunity to buy one used (new) for $1500. This guy bought it w/ his lazer in the spring and never used it. Are they difficult to install? Is the '04 model better than the '03 model?

thanks,
    Frank

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Frank,

The Vac itself will run around $2200. $300 to install it, make sure it's working right, test it etc. doesn't sound bad at all to me.

Thanks

Terry

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sorry, and I hate to say it, but that is ridiculous. They are pricing themselves right out of the market for a collection system. There are many units on the market today that do very well, - some better, - and are much more affordable. I'm shopping for one now, and would love the UV, but there is just no way I will spend this much when there are better units out there for less money. More and more people are finding ths out, now.

4. eXmark

Runner,

The UltraVac has been a pretty solid performer for us. We don't generally get many comments regarding systems that perform better or are substantially less expensive.

We do tend to get high marks because the vac system can be removed much quicker than most systems, is lighter, maintains a lower center of gravity, eliminates a pony motor, doesn't plug as easily in wet conditions, compacts the debris for fewer stops to empty, bags well at higher speeds and has substantially less maintenance.

Each vac system on the market can have advantages and disadvantages. Currently we feel the design of the UltraVac stacks up pretty well against the various other systems on the market.

Thanks

Terry

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe prices have gone up in the past 2 years.

I paid $1906.94 which included installation AND 6% tax.

You will NOT find a better built bagger anywhere. This product is VERY overbuilt!

6. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

3 Dealers told me $1699.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Is that for the 3 bag, - and was that recently?

8. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

yup.

The 3 bagger. It was last all of last week, and I orderd mine Thursday.

9. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought mine on Saturday. Its the 3 bagger for the 60" deck. Paid $1,850 installed. I'm one happy customer:)

10. eXmark

Guys,

Congratulations,

Just let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Terry