pricing org. herbicide application

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by greenguy08, Jun 7, 2008.

1. greenguy08

greenguy08 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

How do you guys price organic herbicide applications? Do you go by the sq ft?

2. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

where do you get organic herbicide is the question? someone will be a very rich person if they develop one.

3. greenguy08

from ohio

I have a great surce for og herbicides- not selective, but fine for what I need it for. I've mentioned them in other threads. What about pricing for weed removal on a standard size patio(weeds between the cracks)?

4. livingsoils

livingsoils LawnSite Member

There is an organic weed control for lawns called Green Guardian, and yes it does work on most of your weeds. I price it by the 1,000 square foot. If you are going to do a patio or walkways Sythe works very well. I love to see the customers face when you tell them that the Sythe works in minutes. They don't believe it until you spray it and by the time you are finished the weeds are starting to die. This is a great service for people who have a party coming up and realize they have weeds all over thier patio. If you can get rid of the weeds that quickly you can charge them anything you want!payuppayup

5. greenguy08

from ohio

Yeah, Scythe rocks, even for poison ivy. What do you realistically charge for application?

6. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

A string trimmer works faster and better than scythe. You don't have the dead plants to deal with.

7. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

but the weeds typically come back.

8. greenguy08

from ohio

Can any organic veterans weigh in on pricing please?

9. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

depending on the size, I had a customer just a few days ago who was having a get together that night and he wanted the weeds pulled in his bed. It is about 20' X 100' maybe. Give or take. The weeds were pretty big, easy to hand pull, maybe it would take me 5-10 min. I quoted $15 to hand pull them and make them disappear. I would have weed eated them but he wasn't putting down any mulch so the pulling was the best option, cleaner and immediate satisfaction. He said he was going to get his roommates to do it. Don't know if they ever did or not. I still got the cut and mulch install for the front and sides though so I was still just as happy.