Pricing PGR's

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by toxic man, Mar 31, 2005.

1. toxic man

toxic man LawnSite Member

So, how is it that you price a row of shrubs? Or a tree per-se? I have my pricing down for fert and squirt, bare ground and now this?

I have been approached by several Maint Co's who want PGR pricing, how are you guys doing this? I realize the potential value in this, in respect to saving the LCO's time and money, what are some guidlines or thoughts from the guys who do this?

Thanks in advance

Lou

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say start with your costs and go from there. Minimum trip charge ex. 30.00, 5.00 per 1,000 sq ft. etc. Good luck. I'm trying Primo Maxx this year for the first time.

3. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Ugh ... I just picked up a gallon of Primo Maxx and Atrimmec at the same time - ouch. But ... we've sold a boatload of apps already for this year. Robertsturf is in line ... set a minimum and then price per m.

4. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious, since I dont offer this service to my customers, how do you sell this service to customers? In my mind you are asking them to pay you to apply a specialty product that will reduce your work load. Is your angle that by applying a PGR either to a lawn or landscaping going to save them money in the long run by cutting down on labor and at the same time increase the appearance of their property?

5. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Dave,
    I don't do any maintenance, so I'm lightening their workload! I'm just a spray jockey. :D