1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pricing powerseeding jobs in NJ

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by kenny s, Jun 3, 2008.

1. kenny s

kenny s LawnSite Member

I need some advice on how to price out powerseeding jobs in NJ. I just purchased the Lawn Solutions Revitilizer and I want to powerseed numerous accoutns of mine to thicken the lawns. What is the proper manner in which to figure or estimate the cost. I live in Northern NJ in the Bergen County area.
    Thank you,
    kenny s
  2. l3en007

l3en007 LawnSite Member

what exactly does this seeder do...does it lay the seed then slice it in? is it self propelled? How much do they run? I just checked the video out on there web site..it looks pretty cool.
  3. kenny s

kenny s LawnSite Member

The Reviltilizer does exactly what the video says it does, it makes the job easier, quicker, and it is more manageable than the much heavier machines. Yes it dorps the seed and then slices it in the soil at the depth you set it at. I have never used one before I bought the mine last saturday and I played with it on my own lawn. Sunday I overseed my whole lawn. I cut the grass at 2", then with the Revitilizer I dethatched what was there. I dethatch every spring so there was not much there, but enough to remove and p/u with my Exmark HP rider with Ultra Vac. Then I would set the depth and do a small area and then stop and check the depth of the grooves. When I found the depth of 1/4 to 1/2", I marked with majic marker the holes on the depth adjuster. I set the seed flow at the recommended lb per 1000 sq. ft on the bag, then watched to see how much coverage I was getting. I settled at 3 lbs per 1000 and did my whole lawn with it and had seed left over. I did not measure the sq. footage because I do not have a unit to measure yet, but I will this weekend. The machine made the job very easy once you learn how to operate the machine, which if you can run a hydrostatic lawn mower, you can learn this machine in about 1/2 hour. It is very smooth also. You can go forwards and backwards in one fluid motion. I intend on using mine for most all my accounts to overseed every year. If you have anymore questions about the Revitilizer, I will be more than happy to try to help you out. The machine, (9 hp) cost me $3299.00.It is priced comparable to the other machines except the Ryan which costs much more, and is a beast to operate from what guys I know in the business tell me.
    Kenny s
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

5. l3en007

l3en007 LawnSite Member

Wow, thanks for the information Kenny, appreciate it!