Pricing question - IS3000Z and JD 757

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by VSaint, May 6, 2005.

1. VSaint

VSaint LawnSite Member

Hey guys, here is a common question. :sleeping: Has anyone gotten a price on either a Ferris IS3000Z or a JD 757 ZTR lately?

I have a quote of $9100 on the Ferris
    and
    a quote of $8100 on the JD.

Not trying to nickel and dime but I do not want to get overcharged, just the same.

BTW, I rode the Lesco 60" and was not overly impressed after riding the other two. I do not think that the price has a lot to do with it being factory to dealer direct. The controls on the Lesco were just not smooth like the other two.

(Sorry Lesco sponsors, don't ban me.)

Thanks,
    J

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

That price on the Ferris sounds about right if it has the 27 Kohler. Their priced at $9000 around here. It its got the liquid cooled kawasaki for $9100 then that a heck of a deal. We bought one and gave $9400 for it. That 757 may be a little bit high because I priced one last year for $7700 but thats last year before steel went up. I still say thats too much for a 757 though. We love our Ferris. It rides great and cuts very good. We couldn't be happier unless of course we got one with a cat diesel. :D

3. VSaint

VSaint LawnSite Member

The Liquid Cooled is $9400 and the Air Cooled is $9100. I think we may go with the Ferris. I mean, their manufacturing plant is only about 15 miles or so away. However, I would love hear from someone with a 757, if they have had any issues.

4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

We needed a smaller ztr to accompany our two 60"s. The 737 was 7 thousand sumthin but we stood with the scag. The deere was just an average ztr small hydro pumps.

5. VSaint

VSaint LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input on that. Yes, I have seen them posted on this board around $7400. I am not very familiar with Hydro Pumps and how size matters. Can anyone enlighten me? Also, still trying to find out pricing on the 757 though if anyone knows anything.

6. graystone

graystone LawnSite Member

I just looked at both of those models and after riding them I decided on the Ferris. I was quoted a price of $8000 for the JD 757 without the mulch on demand system and $8200 with mulch on demand. I bought the Ferris (60 inch, 25HP Kawasaki) for $8300. It cost a couple bucks more than the JD, but the suspension was worth it. I’ve had it for a few weeks now and couldn’t be happier. I highly recommend the Ferris.

7. VSaint

VSaint LawnSite Member

I went with the Ferris 27HP Kohler 60". However, I paid $8900. Nice price on your part.