Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sicnj, Mar 22, 2006.

1. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

I Just aereated a friends house usally charge $30 a cut.
    i cleaned up some leaves
    i used about $40 dollars worth of seed
    and raked seed into soil.
    2 guys 2 hours I charged $175
    good deal right?
    why do i feel like i charged to much?
  2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

If you do this for a living don't feel bad. If he does something you can barter with him for I find this sometimes works out better with friends or family. Either way 4 man hours = $180 all by itself, he got a very good deal.:rolleyes:
  3. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

thanks i guess i get nervous abour jobs like that because you don't get to see the finish product yet. (SEED)
  4. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

He got the good deal my aerator alone dose not move for less than $75.00 then approx 150.00 per 1000 Sq Ft to Seed
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

With doing the areation, He got a damn good deal IMO!
  6. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, you feel like that because he is your friend. Most of us hate to work for family and friends because we don't really want to charge them but thats how we make a living.
  7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

jesus christ thats like 6000.00 per acre to seed . what dam kinda seed are you using ?:dizzy:
  8. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

i thought that was a hoot also, we aerate hundreds of homes and out base price is 45.00 for an avg 5,000 sq foot , as for the 150.00 per 1,000 to overseed id be living off jamaica on my own private island by now and certainly would not be typing in here.
  9. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

I charge 1 1/2 times my spray cost to aerate (ex. 50.00 sprayed is 75 aerated) I charge about 350.00 per acre two aerate. I basically cut my sod prices in Half to seed